Top highlights from Capone-N-Noreaga’s sit down with The Breakfast Club. Watch the entire interview below.
1. This was Capone’s first appearance on the show.
2. Capone doesn’t have a problem with Prodigy, because Prodigy can’t beat him.
3. Capone addresses Prodigy’s book claiming he took the witness stand.
4. “It’s not what you taking the stand for, it’s what you doing on the stand,” Capone says.
5. Capone and NORE were locked up as juveniles on Rikers Island.
6. They met playing basketball.
7. They were in jail with Yusef Salaam and Kevin Richardson of the Central Park jogger case.
8. Capone is from Queensbridge, NORE is from LeFrak City.
9. People from LeFrak and Queensbridge had beef.
10. Capone played a track for L.E.S., who he says stole it to produce AZ’s “Sugar Hill.”
11. Capone and L.E.S.’s fathers are best friends to this day.
12. Capone went to rap battles with Big L.
13. Capone rapped for Biggie outside the radio station in the “Juicy” era.
14. CNN have different versions of how the story began.
15. Tragedy Khadafi had control of the group in the beginning.
16. Capone tells a story about performing with Nas and Biggie in North Carolina.
17. Capone went back to jail after cops raided his home (He was a shooter.)
18. He was already a felon for shooting at the NYPD.
19. He did 32 months on a three year bid before The Reunion album.
20. Capone and NORE’s first and only physical altercation was in Japan.
21. Capone was mad at NORE for holding all the weed.
22. Stay away from people who are just home from jail, NORE says.
23. NORE sees himself in artists such as 2 Chainz and Lil Wayne.
24. NORE gave Capone credit as Executive Producer on his debut album.
25. Capone didn’t executive produce the project, NORE says.
26. Trackmasters should have been credited Executive Producer, NORE says.
27. They never really broke up, Capone says.
28. They reconnected with Tragedy Khadafi for the new album.
29. They re-signed with Penalty Records, who released CNN’s debut album The War Report.
30. NORE calls Tragedy a “walking project.” (referring to the public housing complex.)
31. The new album is titled Lessons In New 5%.
32. The album doesn’t cater to the younger generation.
33. They shot a video with Sadat X in Harlem for “Bringing The God’s Back.”
34. Capone denies ever having a sexual relationship with Havoc’s girl.
35. He’s known her since they were kids.