Although Ang made the Power move, we’re still down with DJ Wonder for life. Today he releases his long awaited project titled The Morris Daze EP. Here’s what he had to say about it.
This joint has been a long time coming, but I’m finally ready to put it out there, just in time for WMC and SXSW. The Morris Daze E.P. is a dance music release I’m giving to my DJs and people that like hot fiyah. I did all the production on the tracks and I think it gives a little insight on the type of stuff I’m into.
1. Morris Daze – This is the title track that the whole E.P. is based around. Everyone who knows me knows that Prince is one of, if not my favorite artist. This is an ode to him, The Time, First Avenue & 7th St. Entry and everything else with the Minneapolis Sound. It’s basically MPLS vs. Dutch House.
2. Twinzzz (Feat. Big Pun and Fat Joe) – One of the realest basslines in music history… Even though Dre and Snoop perfected the Deep Cover track, I always liked Pun and Joe’s twist on it a little better. This is a Bmore influenced bang bang that is centered around one famous Punisher line, see if you can catch it…
3. Throw It Uppp (Feat. Pastor Troy and Waka Flocka Flames) – Soca vs. Waka… This one is made for the club, with PT and Waka’s voice built for an uptempo track. I think this is one of Waka’s best verses.
4. Julio Iglesias (Feat. Raekwon and Ghostface Killah) – Purple Tape Flavor… One of my favorite tracks from Cuban Linx, flipped with the original sample and a lot of Latin funk drums. This one has crazy energy.
5. Adam Tensta – (OK Wow)(AnimalStatuS Remix) (*BONUS) – This was done by myself and DJ dB – we are AnimalStatuS. Swedish rapper Adam Tensta asked us to reinvent one of his tracks, so we hit it with the straight Carnival vibe, down to the steel drums. I really like the sound on this one.