We talk about how Google, Twitter and other tech giants looking to change their complexion and how they’re going about doing that. We also talk about the lack of opportunities for women of color in technology and how to invest in yourself and build the skillset to carve out your own lane and get ahead.
– Learning to code back in the Myspace days
– What google is doing to aid in their hiring efforts
– How Angela’s not a techie at all yet her brother’s the complete opposite
– The opportunities that were available for women/women of color in tech then versus now
– Can you really control what information comes up about you on Google?
– Black girls code
– Angela Yee, Fran and Tatiana talk about the lack of diversity in technology and the ways in which the complexion of Silicon Valley is finally beginning to change.
-We also break down how you can use technology to get ahead in business and in life.
– HBCUs versus PWIs
– Where we went to college and why
– When it is and isn’t appropriate to use certain emojis
– How a guidance counselor (and of course, tech) changed the course of Tatiana’s life