Tanya Williams Talks Jayson Williams, Basketball Wives LA

Tanya Williams is the soon to be ex-wife of former NBA player Jayson Williams, and she stars on the new season of Basketball Wives LA. Jayson is currently incarcerated for accidentally shooting and killing his limo driver in 2002. DJ Envy asked Tanya about staying with Jayson throughout all his legal problems, alcohol abuse, and other issues. “All those things come together and make you be someone you don’t want to be,” she says. “Hopefully when he comes out, he’ll be a healthier person. He can step into my children’s life and be the man he’s supposed to be.” She said everybody deserves a second chance.

Charlamagne Tha God asked if taking someones life has affected Jayson psychologically. Tanya responded, “Absolutely, it was an accident. Theres not question it was an accident. Could it have been avoided? Probably. Because at the end of the day, if someones in your bedroom, you just don’t show off your guns. Because accidents can happen. But he’s done his time. Hopefully he comes out and gets a second chance. Hopefully he can step up and be a father to my children that he hasn’t been. And I’m hoping for that.”

Tanya discusses Jayson’s problems saying “he was able to mask it” around her and that “he didn’t show that side.” Once the trial began, then “he started to crack.” Charlamagne asked if his leg injury was what started his downward spiral. “He had a great opportunity though [after basketball], she said. “He was on NBC Sports. He had that, and he was enjoying himself. But when your on top of the world, you think you can do everything. And as soon as that gun went off, everything changed. People were your friends, but you lost a lot of friends. Corporate America was like ‘buh bye.’ NBC said ‘see ya later.’ And he had to deal with a lot of people having a really strong opinions about the action. It’s the consequence. Someone’s dead. and he’s alive. Just because he’s had to do all this stuff, it’s alright compared to the fact that someones life is gone.”

Angela Yee asked Tanya about Basketball Wives LA and why she wanted to be on the show. “People think reality TV is scripted,” Tanya says. “This is real. ‘Basketball Wives LA’ is real. When you see peoples personality, thats who they are. I’m going to be me, and all of me. I am passionate. I been through a lot. I speak my mind.” Envy asked her if she gets into any physical altercations on the show. “I am the celebrity spokesperson for the national domestic violence hotline,” she says. “I can not go around punching people out.”

Angela asked her what she tells her kids about their father. “My children were very very young when all this happened,” Tanya said. “So they didn’t even know about the shooting until after he went away. I sat down and spoke with them and I said, ‘I’ve always taught you about accidents and consequences. Daddy had an accident. He’s taking responsibility. Here’s the consequences.’ So at a very young age, they said thats the right thing to do. Now there 7, 8, where they’re really understanding, there a little embarrassed about it. So its good with the timing that he’s coming out now because I don’t wan’t them to be pressured with having to make up something. I tell them never lie about it, its not your stuff. So the timing is blessed. He’ll be out and they don’t have to stay away from the daddy conversations.”

34 Responses to “Tanya Williams Talks Jayson Williams, Basketball Wives LA

1. Brooklyn28 says:

The other wives make her out to be some high class spiritual woman that loves running her mouth about “wisdom of the wise” but from 105.1 interview you can definitely tell that she’s well educated and down to earth. Second, if they act like grown mature women, maybe they would’ve found out that she’s a spokeswoman for Domestic Violence and not a highnose phony waiting for the bus.

2. Helen Lewis-Rent says:

I love Tanya’s responses to the questions asked in this interview. I was so lookuing foward to watching her on the show but after the 9/11/2011 episode I knew Jackie, and Imani would reject her. She’s for to intelligent and savvy to subject herself to the likes off them. Hope to hear you speak in person one day Tanya.

3. Niecy says:

please please please spell the English language correctly!!! Whoover wrote this needs a tutor! You wrote, “…now there 7,8″. It should read, “now THEY’RE 7,8.” Same mistake a few words away. “THERE a little embarrassed”, and once again, same correction, “THEY’RE a little embarrassed” They’re, as in THEY ARE. Whites already think we’re illiterate, please STOP SHOWING THEM.

4. rick says:

What happen to tanya because they don’t so her in the opening credits to basketball wives L.A…the rest of the females on that show is so nosy and ghetto..tanya bring education and class for African American Women

5. rick says:

Also the lady Jackie gets re-married every year…that’s cool but she goes all out for the wedding every year is just a waste of money and that is stupid, and she has the nerve to judge other people…most of them chicks on that show is hypocrites and classless …the regular basketball wives with shaunie and company is so much better

6. Dann says:

This post is very interesting but it took me a long time to find it in google.
    I found it on 20 spot, you should focus on quality backlinks
    building, it will help you to rank to google top 10.
    And i know how to help you, just type in google – k2 seo
    tips and tricks

7. Abe says:

I read a lot of interesting articles here. Probably you spend a lot of
    time writing, i know how to save you a lot of work, there is an online tool that creates high quality,
    google friendly articles in minutes, just type in google
    – laranitas free content source

8. I was wondering if you ever considered changing the page layout of your site? Its very well written; I love what youve got to say. But maybe you could a little more in the way of content so people could connect with it better. Youve got an awful lot of text for only having one or 2 pictures. Maybe you could space it out better?

9. First off I want to say terrific blog! I had a quick question that I’d like to ask if you do not mind. I was curious to find out how you center yourself and clear your thoughts before writing. I’ve had a tough time clearing my mind in getting my thoughts out. I do enjoy writing however it just seems like the first 10 to 15 minutes are generally lost simply just trying to figure out how to begin. Any ideas or hints? Cheers!

10. My spouse and I absolutely love your blog and find most of your post’s to be exactly what I’m looking for. can you offer guest writers to write content for yourself? I wouldn’t mind producing a post or elaborating on most of the subjects you write regarding here. Again, awesome web log!

11. 私は今|ウェブサイト 本当に本当にあなたのデザインとレイアウトを楽しんで。それはなっている目には非常に簡単ですそれがはるか​​に楽しい楽しい私はここに来て、より頻繁に訪問するために。あなたのテーマを作成するために|開発者、設計者あなたが雇うましたか? エクセレント働く!

12. Fantastic post however I was wanting to know if you could write a litte more on this topic? I’d be very grateful if you could elaborate a little bit further. Kudos!

13. jerseys ncaa says:

My spouse and I stumbled over here from a different web address and thought I may as well check things out. I like what I see so i am just following you. Look forward to finding out about your web page repeatedly.

14. Superb blog! Do you have any tips and hints for aspiring writers? I’m hoping to start my own site soon but I’m a little lost on everything. Would you recommend starting with a free platform like WordPress or go for a paid option? There are so many options out there that I’m totally confused .. Any ideas? Thanks!

15. こんにちは!ハッカーに対する|セーフガード保護、彼らはへのプラグインを作る場合は、知っていますか?私が上で一生懸命働いてきたすべてのものを失うことについてのちょっと被害妄想だ。どれ提言?

16. こんにちは!オフトピック完全に完全にだ簡単な質問。あなたのサイトがモバイルフレンドリーにする方法を知っていますか? iPhone4私から私の| ブラウジングを表示時サイトは奇妙に見えます。することができるかもしれない|テンプレートのテーマやプラグイン私が見つけることをしようとしている決意この問題。何か持っている場合は提案、共有してください。 おかげ!

17. Thanks for your marvelous posting! I really enjoyed reading it, you may be a great author.I will make sure to bookmark your blog and will come back down the road. I want to encourage that you continue your great job, have a nice day!

18. Wow that was unusual. I just wrote an very long comment but after I clicked submit my comment didn’t appear. Grrrr… well I’m not writing all that over again. Regardless, just wanted to say superb blog!

19. Nous avons post茅s des 茅chantillons de photos full size du Galaxy S5 sur Flickr au cas o霉 vous 锚tes vraiment curieux. Et il y a 茅galement des vid茅os 脿 1080p et 4K sur YouTube.

20. Heya! I’m at work surfing around your blog from my new iphone 4! Just wanted to say I love reading through your blog and look forward to all your posts! Keep up the outstanding work!

21. Sai cosa mi disse il professore di laboratorio la prima volta che lo vidi? (piu o meno, non che siano le esatte parole, ma.)

22. このブログ負荷に|絵画像で問題うーん誰が持つ遭遇を経験している?私は、把握を決定にしようとしている、その場合には、私の端に問題があるか、それがブログの場合は、。どれ応答はいただければ幸いです。

23. I was curious if you ever considered changing the layout of your blog? Its very well written; I love what youve got to say. But maybe you could a little more in the way of content so people could connect with it better. Youve got an awful lot of text for only having one or two images. Maybe you could space it out better?

24. Hello there! I know this is kinda off topic but I was wondering which blog platform are you using for this website? I’m getting sick and tired of WordPress because I’ve had problems with hackers and I’m looking at options for another platform. I would be fantastic if you could point me in the direction of a good platform.

25. 限り、私はあなたに戻って信用と情報源を提供するように|記事投稿ウェブページあなたの|私はいくつかのカップルを引用してもいい?マイブログはである全く同じ関心領域|だろ真にあなたと私のユーザーが訪問者などの恩恵を受けるここ提供|あなたは現在の情報の一部|たくさん。私に知らせて下さいもしこの大丈夫あなたと。 よろしく!

26. Have you ever thought about writing an ebook or guest authoring on other websites? I have a blog based on the same subjects you discuss and would really like to have you share some stories/information. I know my audience would enjoy your work. If you are even remotely interested, feel free to shoot me an e mail.

27. Hey there just wanted to give you a quick heads up. The words in your content seem to be running off the screen in Ie. I’m not sure if this is a formatting issue or something to do with internet browser compatibility but I thought I’d post to let you know. The layout look great though! Hope you get the issue fixed soon. Cheers

28. こんにちは!この投稿は、ことができませんでした任意のより良い書き込むことが! 通読ルームメイトこの記事は私の のことを思い出す!このことについて|彼はいつもチャット話し続けた。彼にポストの記事私はこれを転送します。 かなり確信彼は良い読み取りを持つことになります。 ありがとうござい共有のために!

29. Exceptional post however I was wondering if you could write a litte more on this subject? I’d be very thankful if you could elaborate a little bit more. Kudos!

30. こんにちは!この投稿は、ことができませんでした任意のより良い書き込むことが! 通読ルームメイトこの記事は私の古き良き以前の古いのことを思い出す!このことについて|彼はいつもチャット話し続けた。彼にページ私はこれを転送します。 かなり確信彼は良い読み取りを持つことになります。 感謝を共有のために!

31. 私と 今日はに行ってきました。私は貝殻を見つけて、私の4歳の娘にそれを与えたと言った”あなたはあなたの耳にこれを置けばあなたが海を聞くことができます。”彼女の耳にシェルをして叫んだ|彼女は置か置く。あり内側ヤドカリだった、それは彼女の耳に挟ま。彼女が戻って行きたがっていることはありません!大爆笑私は、これは知っているオフトピック が、私は誰かを教えていた!

32. My coder is trying to convince me to move to .net from PHP. I have always disliked the idea because of the costs. But he’s tryiong none the less. I’ve been using WordPress on a number of websites for about a year and am anxious about switching to another platform. I have heard excellent things about blogengine.net. Is there a way I can import all my wordpress posts into it? Any kind of help would be greatly appreciated!

33. うーん、それがようだあなたのようにサイト食べた私の最初のコメント(それがあった極めて長い)ので、私はちょうど私が送信した内容をまとめるますねと私は徹底的にあなたのブログを楽しんでい、と言う。私はあまりに志望のブログですライターが、私はまだすべてに新たなんだ。 提言あなたがいずれかを持っていますか、ブログライターのために?私は確かに本当にと思い、それを感謝しています。

34. Brown Line shoppers from Lincoln Park, North Center, Lincoln Square, and Albany Park will access the CTA predominantly along the Lincoln Avenue corridor. Brown Line trains into the city flash the “Loop” header and commuters will also switch trains onto the Red Line at Belmont or Fullerton.