Lip Service

Tech N9ne Talks Ecstasy

Tech N9ne was a guest on Lip Service recently and was also featured on Friday Favorites. In the latest issue of XXL, Tech talks about almost dying from ecstasy and how a lot of big name rappers are on drugs.   T.I. got busted a few weeks back in L.A. for allegedly having ecstasy, not to mention he had it on him when he was arrested in 2007.  Lil’ Wayne plead guilty to drug charges earlier this year stemming from a 2008 arrest in Arizona in which police allegedly found ecstasy in his back pack.

Here’s what Tech N9ne said, as told to Matt Barone.

“I almost died of ecstasy.  They call me the Jim Morrison of rap, the Black Jim Morrison.  They thought they was gonna lose me to drugs – they were.  Fifteen pills in one night, fuckin’ around in L.A. Happy I was opening up for Cypress Hill… It was around [the release of my album] Absolute Power… Being in L.A. at that time, ecstasy comes by the bundle, if you know people.  People in the industry, some big names, fuck with drugs.  To almost die from dehydration [and then] write about it.  My music brought some crazy muthafuckas to my shows.  Like, “Tech, I was gonna commit suicide, but you got me through it”

Listen to Tech N9ne on Lip Service along with label mate Krizz Kaliko and Pill

9 comments for “Tech N9ne Talks Ecstasy”

1. Tech is an extremely strong MAN to have been on Ecstacy “the way he was” and be able to stop using his FAVORITE drug of choice because he knew his career was his #1 priority. As much as he loves women and loved Ecstacy–the 2 go hand in hand…to be smart enough and strong enough to know what was best for him is a BIG deal..he was a walking Ecstacy electric force for years. IM SO PROUD OF HIM!! Go Tech…baby…and now he is even strong enough to cut down his drinking to only on Saturdays to make sure his health stays right…another amazing thing to do–being in the Industry and surrounded by that every single day–means something..it’s called self control. NOW..let’s see if he can ever slow his roll on being a “player” with women…multiple women…at that point..I WILL CALL HIM GOD…not a dog…dog spelled backwards is GOD….
    As Tech said:
    He who
    Treads the path of the beast
    Is also he who’s sins are repentable
    But if you ever
    Ever ever ever
    Hurt a god
    Then we got to do away with the genitals
    Don’t ever do something you’ll regret
    Do away with all these goody goody
    Law abiding mutha fuckas
    And let there be Tech
    Nigga

MUCH TECHN9NE LOVE FOREVER

Posted by SPECIES | October 7, 2010, 11:09 pm
  2. I think this is among the most vital info for me. And i’m glad reading your article. But should remark on couple of general issues, The internet site style is wonderful, the articles is actually nice : D. Excellent job, cheers

Posted by iastwood Penney | November 8, 2011, 10:32 am
  3. This is a good news regarding bloggers. It opens entry to a extensive spectrum of who find themselves finding the spot to tone their questions. With the theme, I can gain a visibility My organization is having at this point. Thanks in this informative place, I learned a lot!

Posted by Classic Tall Boots ugg | November 21, 2011, 7:25 pm
  4. if anyones on here today im a little late but just back off holls, all the best to yous for 2012
    G flets

Posted by gregflets | January 5, 2012, 9:09 pm
  5. hello any one from sunderland on here as im working there next month and need advice on best hotel the company i work for is paying for it
    steve

Posted by stevebit | January 11, 2012, 5:43 am
  6. I don’t suppose I have never learned something like this prior to. So great to determine someone with some unique thoughts on this subject. I really thank you for starting it. This website is something that is needed on the web, someone having a little originality.

Posted by iphone行動電源 | June 21, 2013, 5:04 pm
  7. Thanks for these tips. One thing I additionally think is credit cards featuring a 0% interest often entice consumers in with zero interest rate, instant acceptance and easy on the web balance transfers, nonetheless beware of the real factor that will void that 0% easy streets annual percentage rate plus throw anybody out into the bad home quickly.

Posted by iphone行動電源 | June 21, 2013, 5:06 pm
  8. Great day! I could have sworn I have been to this internet site prior to but following looking at a couple of from the articles I recognized it’s new to me. Anyhow, I am definitely pleased I stumbled upon it and I will be bookmarking it and checking back frequently!

Posted by iphone行動電源 | June 21, 2013, 5:07 pm
  9. Hi Dear, are you actually visiting this internet page every day, if so after that you will with out doubt take good know-how.

Posted by samsung行動電源 | June 21, 2013, 5:07 pm