We Don't Believe You!

Pacquiao Suing Mayweather

20705

I didn’t think that Manny Pacquiao was taking performance enhancing steroids before, but now I’m a little suspicious. In the latest of this ongoing saga to seal the deal for one of the biggest money-making fights in boxing, Pacman is now preparing to sue Mayweather for defamation. According to espn,

“Enough is enough. These people, Mayweather Sr., [Mayweather] Jr. and Golden Boy Promotions, think it is a joke and a right to accuse someone wrongly of using steroids or other performance-enhancing drugs,” said Pacquiao, who denied that he has ever used any banned substance and who has passed all of his drug tests. “I have tried to just brush it off as a mere prefight ploy, but I think they have gone overboard.”

Pacquiao’s promoter, Bob Arum, is already making alternate plans for a fight on March 13 in case this Mayweather situation can’t be worked out:

“I reached out to Lou DiBella [Malignaggi's promoter], and we’re going to schedule that fight for March 13 unless something drastically changes with this Mayweather thing,” Arum told ESPN.com on Friday, just before leaving for a working vacation in Cabo San Lucas, Mexico. “I’m not going to leave Manny without a fight because of this nonsense [with Mayweather].”

Ironically, Malignaggi also has repeatedly accused Pacquiao of using PEDs.

Doesn’t it seem like the easiest solution would be for Pacquiao to just submit to the random testing and fight Mayweather, or does he have something to hide? Although this Olympic-style testing is not mandatory, it’s the last holdup and Pacquiao simply does not want to get tested the week before the fight. Hmmmmmmm…. Or is this whole thing a ploy to promote the next 24/7?

17 comments for “Pacquiao Suing Mayweather”

1. Social comments and analytics for this post…

This post was mentioned on Twitter by teamyee: New blog posting, Pacquiao Suing Mayweather – http://tinyurl.com/yao7hsj

Posted by uberVU - social comments | December 26, 2009, 10:12 am
  2. This is a stain on the sport that I love so much. It looks bad to the outsiders who look at the sport as being potentially dirty. Pac should look at Mayweather and himself as being pioneers by keeping the sport clean. Pac, decided to bring suspicion upon the sport of boxing! The sport has enough problems, and this doesnt help

Posted by rrslade | December 26, 2009, 10:14 am
  3. Mayweather should crash the media circuit and clirfy all of the misinfomation out their. He should first hit ESPN’s morning show “First Take” and explain the test to the clueless public. 2nd he should discuss the importance of having a drug free sport. This would appeal to the masses(white people). Last but not least he should continue to call Pac out to fight, put the pressure on him!!

Posted by rrslade | December 26, 2009, 10:23 am
  4. Paquiao isn’t saying he’s not willing to take any test. He’s saying he is unwilling to do it under their standards. He refuses to take a drug test right before the fight however he is willing to take a drug test immediately after. I agree. It shouldn’t be Mayweather’s way or no way.. Both sides should come to an agreement and compromise. And Paquiao has passed every drug test up until this point.

Posted by missBronx | December 26, 2009, 10:29 am
    • Its important to note Pac wouldn’t have to take a test past Feb 13. This is one month before the fight, he would have to take after the fight. We are talking about less than a teaspoon of blood. Pac has passesd every test, well lets discuss this. The Nevada urine test is flawed & doesn’t test for HGH and other dopeing products. This is the 300lb gorilla in the room. The olympic drug test does check for this, so why wouldn’t all parties be willing to take the test and move on! Who in their right mind would risk $40m over a teaspoon of blood a month before the fight? BTW if it was Mayweather declining the test I would I criticizing him just as hard!!

Posted by rrslade | December 26, 2009, 11:37 am
  5. [...] This post was Twitted by prettylondonpr [...]

Posted by Twitted by prettylondonpr | December 26, 2009, 10:50 am
  6. I think we need research on these drugs and when they can be detected. If floyd is willing to submit then pacquiao should do the same. It doesn’t seem like it should be such a big deal. That’s what is making it seem suspicious

Posted by Angela Yee | December 26, 2009, 10:58 am
  7. I don’t see any reason why the Mayweather camp can’t agree that Pac take the blood test after the fight.

If he really want to fight Manny, he will do it but I guess he’s really, really scared of the Pacman and simply making stupid demands as an excuse.

Posted by Topet | December 26, 2009, 4:27 pm
    • I will try to explain this in the most simplistic way. Taking the blood test after the fight allows the fighter enought time to cycle off the drug to avoid detection. There is a very good reason for taking these test, they prevent unfair advantages during competition. Athletes take these drugs to gain an unfair advantages, does it make sense so far? Urine does not detect these drugs(HGH), however a blood test will, this is why he wants to avoind taking these strict test, but pee until the cows come home

Posted by rrslade | December 27, 2009, 11:20 pm
  8. [...] This post was Twitted by RRSLADE [...]

Posted by Twitted by RRSLADE | December 29, 2009, 8:45 am
  9. Take a look at the past 4 years of Pac’s weight on FIGHT NIGHT,
    144, 144, 145, 147, 148, 148, and 149. That’s 5 pounds in 4 years. I’m no doctor but that doesn’t look like steriods. Not to mention, he passed every test along the way. The same test that caught Vargas, JCC Jr, ect. Fighters can petition the commission to change the rules but they can’t force rules to change. This is all mind games. Let me ask y’all something, Al Haymon is the advisor for both Floyd and Andre Berto. Berto is about to fight Mosley, who was caught using steroids, in Jan. How is it that Floyd needs testing against somebody who never had any links to illegal substances but Berto doesn’t? With that said, I’ve been boxing for a long time, and I think this fight will happen and Floyd will win. Berto beats Mosley as well.

Posted by Dave | December 30, 2009, 8:45 am
  10. I feel Manny should take the test and quite Mayweather up if he feels disrespected. The elephant in the room is how this uncovered the color lines between Philippinos and blacks, funny blackmen love Pilipino women and I have many mixed friends being from the bay area, I was not surprised though’ when this quickly became racial! We all brown yall. We need to get it together. Once we get there we can all agree for our kid’s damm and the country “there is nothing wrong with a drug test” HELLO!!!!do some of you hear you’re self??? In these times we want to make excuses for our kids about drugs? Come on. Bottom line it’s a drug test. Be an example dude and show kids it’s cool to be tested amd thusly cool to be clean. Just like AIDS? Hello? Anybody remember the get tested campaign? And please no replies about the difference between the two, I get it. But you should get my meaning also! Get tested! Stay Clean! Stay Safe! That’s what we should take from this!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Big Den | January 2, 2010, 5:47 pm
  11. ……….

very good, your blog template is actually great, I’m seeking for a new http://www.alljewishlinks.com theme for my individual weblog, I like yours, now I will go look for the identical theme!…

Posted by teffd | October 20, 2010, 1:47 am
  12. ……….

fine, your http://www.alljewishlinks.com website layout style is definitely wonderful, I’m looking to get a new theme for my own blog site, I like yours, now I will go lookup the exact same design!…

Posted by ffdre | October 21, 2010, 7:35 am
  13. Fryzjer Gliwice

Posted by dobry fryzjer Gliwice | July 15, 2011, 6:03 am
  14. After examining a number of of the weblog posts in your web site now, and I really like your way of blogging. I bookmarked it to my bookmark website checklist and will likely be checking back soon. Pls try my website online as well and let me know what you think.

Posted by amish attractions lancaster pa | August 8, 2011, 2:56 pm