Don’t Quit Your Day Job – Concise Flo

ConciseFlo

WEIGH IN – Should Concise Flo Quit His Day Job?

BIO

Observance is the sweetest pay off. Illinois born, Samuel X (Gray) grew up on the West side by way of the West Suburbs of Chicago. Motivated musically by Nas, GangStarr, Common, and Rakim- what else can you expect from this Chi-town rapper. One of the few artists who “think before he speaks,” Concise Flo will always deliver the truth. Although he has always loved hip-hop, rapping was not an option in the Tennessee State University graduate’s career path. “It started off with spoken word for several years. I never wanted to be a rapper, but I loved hip-hop and loved artists that loved delivering lyrics with substance. But I just could not see myself rapping.” It’s amazing that Concise Flo only began rapping in the latter end of 2006. “Roget’s Thesaurus states that Concise is stating much in few words. It implies clarity and compactness removing all unnecessary words. I’m a brotha that doesn’t like to speak unless I really have something to say. In music it’s the same. I don’t ever wish to do a song unless the song has meaning, substance and a message whether the message is as simple as enjoying life or as complex as the issues that face the Black diasporas and that of oppressed people in the world. Concise Flo, to me is cutting the middleman out and giving people pure soul. Concise Flo is music that make your brain tingle or may upset you if my music makes you wear the shoe that fits you.

Listen to Concise Flo’s submissions below:

Get Ya Hands UP!

It’s a Miracle

21 Responses to “Don’t Quit Your Day Job – Concise Flo”

1. Stoki336 says:

Dude is nice…people hate cause it’s cookie cut rap. It’s somethin different. It’s sad that he probably won’t be mainstrem though

2. 10aC says:

Great lyricism, tight production, keep up the GOD work.

3. Jsefah says:

My dude is Fire respect the lyrical substance. Were not getting that at all in Hip Hop anymore.Concise Flo is Hip Hop’s evidence rather you like or not. His music is reality & he is most certainly on his way to the top believe that. This Dude is truly my favorite rapper signed or unsigned. To those who can’t deal with what he’s doing your problem but you better look out. We Coming Hi-Precedent

4. The Professor says:

Concise Flo ~ This young brother is demonstrates the natural wit of the old school rapper, with a 2010 twist. His words & Lyrics are tight. His voice is powerful and precise. I for one think the brother has something to be nurtured. Love to hear more. Keep it on the real and positive, the new generation needs positive brothers doing positive things.

Peace ~

The Grand Master

5. Kemo says:

Concise is concise with the flow, knowledge and lyricism. Appreciate his love and respect for pure hip-hop… He bleeds it!! Persue this music thang aggressively bruh, you belong in this business/family. Holla @ the Gatekeeper n tell him to let this brotha in!!!!!! God 1st, always.

6. maxi says:

this brother is on point speaks loud and clear. making bold statements with flavor. give this brother his props.

7. Donna says:

I saw this dude back in May sometime @ Chicago’s Cubby Bear & I thought this guy is so under rated its a shame. To hear him yesterday morning on your show was a job well done to me for him. We need real hip hop to be delivered & he does it o so well keep up the good work.

8. T-Man says:

I give my man a 5 all day. Even with the people callin in hatin on my man he still came out on top. Yall need to play more shit like this on the regular cuz frankly a lot of bullshit gets played and dude is bringin it back to the essence. Somebody please sign this guy!

9. Tamma says:

I really like what I heard from him. His first song was a little fast for me, but I still give him a 5 cuz he is a true mc and reminding me of what hip hop used to be.

10. Enatra says:

This brotha is simply amazing!! No joke he is hip hop reincarnated to me. Why don’t yall play music like this more often? I give him a 100. He is cute too. That really helps.lol

11. Mesi says:

Omazing! I love it. give this man a 5. Keep the songs spinnin’ baby.

12. Jerome says:

A true spitter. 5 all day

13. Citi Boi's says:

Fire!!!! that’s all needs to be said. Play This dude continuously i give me a 5

14. South Carolina says:

I haven’t been listening to hip hop but when I heard concise flow it was worth listening to. Play music like his more often & I will most certainly stay tuned in. South Carolina

15. Alexis says:

I saw concise Flo myspace page high yellow huh but he’s cute o yea I really like his music

16. fudge brown says:

Yo Yee whats good I ment to comment a couple days ago I’m a chick that love hip hop not that o bullshit they be playing on the radio. I think Concise Flo is what the game needs right for real.

17. Jette says:

I meet this Brother Last yr and I must say I liked him when I meet and I like him even more now. keep growing and stay true to your message. PLAY HIS MUSIC RADIO

18. Tiff says:

I think he’s hot. 4.5 maybe 5 status.

19. China dolls says:

Nice job with the lyrics keep it up we need you. NY baby

20. danny says:

I had to come on here before ya’ll took this guy off. I must say his shit sounds 10 times better than it did when he was on here before. keep playing his shit I wanna see where he gonna take it

21. rich says:

I’m not really into that real hip hop stuff but he was kinda of hit even though he wasn’t talking about what i normally listen to them hoes