Don't Quit Your Day Job

Don’t Quit Your Day Job – Concise Flo

ConciseFlo

WEIGH IN – Should Concise Flo Quit His Day Job?

BIO

Observance is the sweetest pay off. Illinois born, Samuel X (Gray) grew up on the West side by way of the West Suburbs of Chicago. Motivated musically by Nas, GangStarr, Common, and Rakim- what else can you expect from this Chi-town rapper. One of the few artists who “think before he speaks,” Concise Flo will always deliver the truth. Although he has always loved hip-hop, rapping was not an option in the Tennessee State University graduate’s career path. “It started off with spoken word for several years. I never wanted to be a rapper, but I loved hip-hop and loved artists that loved delivering lyrics with substance. But I just could not see myself rapping.” It’s amazing that Concise Flo only began rapping in the latter end of 2006. “Roget’s Thesaurus states that Concise is stating much in few words. It implies clarity and compactness removing all unnecessary words. I’m a brotha that doesn’t like to speak unless I really have something to say. In music it’s the same. I don’t ever wish to do a song unless the song has meaning, substance and a message whether the message is as simple as enjoying life or as complex as the issues that face the Black diasporas and that of oppressed people in the world. Concise Flo, to me is cutting the middleman out and giving people pure soul. Concise Flo is music that make your brain tingle or may upset you if my music makes you wear the shoe that fits you.

Listen to Concise Flo’s submissions below:

Get Ya Hands UP!

It’s a Miracle

21 comments for “Don’t Quit Your Day Job – Concise Flo”

1. Dude is nice…people hate cause it’s cookie cut rap. It’s somethin different. It’s sad that he probably won’t be mainstrem though

Posted by Stoki336 | July 28, 2009, 8:31 am
  2. Great lyricism, tight production, keep up the GOD work.

Posted by 10aC | July 28, 2009, 8:32 am
  3. My dude is Fire respect the lyrical substance. Were not getting that at all in Hip Hop anymore.Concise Flo is Hip Hop’s evidence rather you like or not. His music is reality & he is most certainly on his way to the top believe that. This Dude is truly my favorite rapper signed or unsigned. To those who can’t deal with what he’s doing your problem but you better look out. We Coming Hi-Precedent

Posted by Jsefah | July 28, 2009, 9:27 am
  4. Concise Flo ~ This young brother is demonstrates the natural wit of the old school rapper, with a 2010 twist. His words & Lyrics are tight. His voice is powerful and precise. I for one think the brother has something to be nurtured. Love to hear more. Keep it on the real and positive, the new generation needs positive brothers doing positive things.

Peace ~

The Grand Master

Posted by The Professor | July 28, 2009, 9:27 am
  5. Concise is concise with the flow, knowledge and lyricism. Appreciate his love and respect for pure hip-hop… He bleeds it!! Persue this music thang aggressively bruh, you belong in this business/family. Holla @ the Gatekeeper n tell him to let this brotha in!!!!!! God 1st, always.

Posted by Kemo | July 28, 2009, 2:38 pm
  6. this brother is on point speaks loud and clear. making bold statements with flavor. give this brother his props.

Posted by maxi | July 29, 2009, 10:00 am
  7. I saw this dude back in May sometime @ Chicago’s Cubby Bear & I thought this guy is so under rated its a shame. To hear him yesterday morning on your show was a job well done to me for him. We need real hip hop to be delivered & he does it o so well keep up the good work.

Posted by Donna | July 29, 2009, 10:12 am
  8. I give my man a 5 all day. Even with the people callin in hatin on my man he still came out on top. Yall need to play more shit like this on the regular cuz frankly a lot of bullshit gets played and dude is bringin it back to the essence. Somebody please sign this guy!

Posted by T-Man | July 29, 2009, 8:51 pm
  9. I really like what I heard from him. His first song was a little fast for me, but I still give him a 5 cuz he is a true mc and reminding me of what hip hop used to be.

Posted by Tamma | July 29, 2009, 8:54 pm
  10. This brotha is simply amazing!! No joke he is hip hop reincarnated to me. Why don’t yall play music like this more often? I give him a 100. He is cute too. That really helps.lol

Posted by Enatra | July 29, 2009, 8:57 pm
  11. Omazing! I love it. give this man a 5. Keep the songs spinnin’ baby.

Posted by Mesi | July 29, 2009, 9:15 pm
  12. A true spitter. 5 all day

Posted by Jerome | July 30, 2009, 9:36 am
  13. Fire!!!! that’s all needs to be said. Play This dude continuously i give me a 5

Posted by Citi Boi's | July 30, 2009, 10:03 am
  14. I haven’t been listening to hip hop but when I heard concise flow it was worth listening to. Play music like his more often & I will most certainly stay tuned in. South Carolina

Posted by South Carolina | July 30, 2009, 10:07 am
  15. I saw concise Flo myspace page high yellow huh but he’s cute o yea I really like his music

Posted by Alexis | July 30, 2009, 10:09 am
  16. Yo Yee whats good I ment to comment a couple days ago I’m a chick that love hip hop not that o bullshit they be playing on the radio. I think Concise Flo is what the game needs right for real.

Posted by fudge brown | July 30, 2009, 10:13 am
  17. I meet this Brother Last yr and I must say I liked him when I meet and I like him even more now. keep growing and stay true to your message. PLAY HIS MUSIC RADIO

Posted by Jette | July 30, 2009, 10:24 am
  18. I think he’s hot. 4.5 maybe 5 status.

Posted by Tiff | July 30, 2009, 11:20 am
  19. Nice job with the lyrics keep it up we need you. NY baby

Posted by China dolls | August 3, 2009, 3:26 pm
  20. I had to come on here before ya’ll took this guy off. I must say his shit sounds 10 times better than it did when he was on here before. keep playing his shit I wanna see where he gonna take it

Posted by danny | August 3, 2009, 3:28 pm
  21. I’m not really into that real hip hop stuff but he was kinda of hit even though he wasn’t talking about what i normally listen to them hoes

Posted by rich | August 3, 2009, 3:29 pm